Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Texas Wildflowers Part 1 - An Interrupted Trip




Immediately following Holy Week and Easter, my husband and I set out on our annual retreat and tour of the glorious Texas wildflowers.  We did our usual 'long route' to see what the Brazos Valley region had on display.  So many lovely fields of blue! We loved spotting this jackrabbit (his ears were twitching) and this hawk going about their daily routine amidst such splendor.  We also spotted a Texas Longhorn enjoying the bluebonnets. This is a Road Runner. 
 

Once again, we enjoyed the hospitality of the wonderful Lamb's Tale Ministries as they provided our accommodations in Comfort at The Haven River Inn.  Nestled along the Guadalupe River, this Bed and Breakfast provides awesome breakfast feasts, comfortable rooms, and the opportunity to rest and renew oneself physically and spiritually.  


Being creatures of habit we took our customary drives around the Hill Country, seeking out the unique beauty of one of our favorite Texas locations.   I loved getting to see this new mother bringing her lambs into the barn!  There are many ranchers who raise sheep in this area, but this year we noticed so many fewer.  I worry that this is a result of many years of drought, which is at a severe level.
 
I'll focus this blog on the close-in photos of the flowers.  Check out part 2 for the dazzling fields of color and some photos from around the Hill Country.

I don't have good photos of some of the best color we saw the entire trip, as my husband was driving fast along Interstate 10 and refused to stop.  After talking to my doctor regarding some abdominal pain I'd been experiencing, we ended up leaving early to head home - well, to the Houston area so I could be seen in a Methodist Hospital Emergency Room.  It didn't take long for the doctors to determine that my gallbladder was badly infected, having stones and sludge, and needing to be removed immediately.  I am happy to say that I'm much better and have hopes of returning soon to the Haven River Inn to complete our time of retreat.

Please enjoy the photos but remember that they are copyrighted by me, the photographer and are not to be copied, posted, shared, printed or in any way made use of without my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.