Friday, November 28, 2014

Leftovers - combining small bits into a treat!

First - sorry for the delay in posting.  I've been a very busy lady. I've had some adventures and medical testing. In the future, I'll be posting about my husband and I's cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. 

Recently I was thrilled to be able to share in a knitting exchange with my knit 'sistahs'.  With this exchange we were to make a scarf for another while a secret friend made one for me.  I selected the pattern Leftie by Martina Behm because I love the look of it and it makes use of leftover scraps of yarn. 

It's no secret that I have a great fondness for luxury fibers! Because of the expense, I've saved the small amounts left over - and with this project, discovered the perfect use for them.  

The base yarn is Manos del Uruguay Fino in the colorway Silhouette. This color was selected because it seemed to me to be perfect for dressing up or wearing with a favorite pair of blue jeans.  It seems to be a great neutral complimenting the fun colors of the various luxury yarns.  

My daughter, Melissa, agreed to model the scarf once I completed it - while we were vacationing at the beach.


1 comment:

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.